Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quilt for The Gathering


Teri Quinn, friend and fellow member of The Cottonwood Quilters took on the HUGE task of providing quilts for The Gathering, a fundraiser for a local private school. I agreed to quilt one of ten quilts which will be auctioned. Janice Lippincott and June Jensen combined blocks from a Houston class and made a beautiful top using colorful batiks and black and white prints.

I quilted it using a free-form spiral feather design. The thread is Superior Rainbows #821 - a multi-colored thread that was PERFECT with the batiks and showed up just as I wanted on the B&W prints!





Janice pieced a batik back that is as wonderful as the front! You can see more detail of my quilting in this photo of the back. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the entire quilt! The quilt is in the hands of yet another volunteer, who is doing the binding. I will add a picture of the finished quilt when I see it again! You can SEE MORE detail pics of this quilt on flickr.

2 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Your quilting is beautiful and just right for this quilt. I really like to see pictures of quilts on the frame. I think it is inspirational to other long-midarm quilters.

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

This looks great! Can't wait to see the whole thing sometime soon!